Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Alfredo
Serves 4 Serving Size: about 1c. Calories/serving: 343
- 14 oz raw butternut squash flesh, cubed
- 8oz (1/2lb) uncooked pasta of your choice, preferably whole wheat
- 1c. frozen (thawed) or fresh peas
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4tsp pepper
- 1/2tsp red pepper flakes
- 6oz nonfat Greek or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2oz fresh goat cheese
- 5tbl vegetable broth
- Cook the butternut squash cubes until very tender: either microwave for about 5 minutes or in the oven at 400F for approximately 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water for the pasta and cook according to package directions (skipping any oil). In a large bowl, combine peas and pasta and set aside.
- To make the alfredo: In a food processor, combine cooked butternut squash, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, yogurt, and goat cheese. Pulse until everything is very well pureed, and then add vegetable broth 2tbl at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Toss pasta with sauce and serve.