Hey guys! Happy, happy Friday! This week has been super exhausting for me, so I have literally been counting down the minutes until I can sit back and relax! This weekend is extra long because of President's Day, so I knew that I would want a recipe that I could make and savor for a morning treat. These crepes certainly hit the spot.
Sweet, golden crepes are filled with juicy orange slices and topped with a mixture of creamy yogurt and floral honey. Perfect for a relaxed brunch, breakfast in a hurry, or even a special midnight snack, these Honey-Orange Crepes with Yogurt bring together the bright flavors of fruit with the satisfaction of a warming sweet.
Honey-Orange Crepes with Yogurt
Serves 4 Serving Size: 2 crepes Calories/Serving: 192
- 1 batch cooked basic crepes
- 1/3c. nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2tbl honey
- 1-3tbl light vanilla soymilk
- 2 Cara Cara oranges (sweeter, with a darker flesh than regular-- regular may be used if necessary), peeled and separated into segments
- Cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Cook crepes according to recipe directions.
- Combine nonfat vanilla yogurt and honey, mixing until very smooth. Gradually add as much soymilk as needed until a thinner, sauce-like consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Evenly divide oranges among crepes, placing them in the middle of the crepe and folding up the sides of the crepe around the slices. Drizzle with yogurt-honey sauce and add a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.